We are proactively recruiting for our next UX designer in this new, year-round posting! What does this mean? While we may not jump into the interview process post haste, we are anticipating needing to continue to grow our research and product design team near term, and additionally in the future. We want to start getting to know more of you wonderful UXers, so even if you’re only passively exploring opportunities for the future, let’s get to know each other. Apply here.
ZoCo is looking for an experienced UX Designer who understands and can serve the product design process from ideation to launch.
We are looking for a designer who takes immense pride in their work, but can handle feedback and work under fast-paced timelines without sacrificing quality. Our ideal candidate drives to deliver the best product possible. They have the ability to make thorough and thoughtful design decisions that consider both user and client needs. They are willing to help where needed and eager to try new things for the good of the team—even in roles outside of their everyday. A natural leader, this team member works well with others and is able to articulate the impact of their design choices. This role works closely and frequently collaborates with our account team, but is also detail-oriented and able to set timelines for their tasks and meet them. They will be a ZoCo ambassador and show team pride both in and out of the studio.
Though ZoCo is a multi-faceted design studio requiring team members to work on a wide variety of projects, a strong digital portfolio with a focus on user experience design will be most important for selection. Ideal candidates will also be able to showcase a strong understanding of user-centered design research methodologies.
- Develops a deep understanding of user needs and pain points through research methodologies
- Articulates research findings into themes and opportunities that inform design decisions
- Translates research themes into easy to understand design concepts
- Defines digital architecture through site maps, user flows, information architecture, content requirements, and navigation
- Develops user stories, wireframes, and prototypes based on user needs
- Creates thoughtful and attractive designs ready for implementation
- Deliver clean, visually consistent designs with an understanding of standard user interface concepts and processes
- Validates design concepts through user testing practices
- Regularly presents and shares design decisions and conceptual direction with internal teams and the client
- Collaborates with your design peers and provide thoughtful feedback and discussion
- Works closely with development partners and external teams to align on feasibility and development limitations
- 4-year design education or equivalent work experience
- 2–6 years of experience is preferred
- Portfolio or case stories demonstrating experience in UI/UX design
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience as lead designer is preferred
- Strong competency with design programs, where Figma experience is ideal
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Experience facilitating research methodologies to uncover user needs and pain points
- Experience distilling research findings into themes and opportunities that inform design decisions
- Experience translating research insights into intuitive design concepts
- Ability to validate design concepts through user testing practices
Think you can hang? We’d love to hear from you. Though it feels a bit different, please share your information with us using this form: https://forms.gle/XM9xcNDYTbux3xuC8