We’re actively hiring a Marketing Manager!
We design to improve people’s experiences.
ZoCo believes in empowering people, reimagining futures, and bringing bold visions to life—all through designing products people love. Whether crafting a digital tool, mapping an ideal service journey, or uncovering the root of a complex problem, our focus is on translating an understanding of people into confident and powerful design.
Why work here?
ZoCo was named to the 2021 Inc. Best Workplaces in the nation, top six in Ohio, for a reason. We can promise you skill development, impact, and camaraderie unlike any other.
- Learning: Our experimental, fast-paced nature means you will constantly be learning, challenging your comfort zones and growing your skills even beyond A-player status. Ambitious yet humble folks thrive here, where the desire to find a better way is prioritized and your company invests in your development. ZoCo’s ever-evolving practice means no two days are the same and adaptability prospers. If you want to be at the top of your game, you come to ZoCo.
- Impact: We attract bold thinkers and romantics who aim to make a difference through their work. Your efforts here will elevate the experiences of others, uplifting those we design for to live more meaningful and dignified lives. We’ve impacted the hairiest human challenges, from addiction recovery, to food insecurity, to the future of senior care. If you work at ZoCo, you believe in abundance, and will provide your skillset to purpose-driven brands.
- People: We prioritize our people, applying our love for human-centered design into how we nurture relationships within our team. We have your back, and there’s no question your team would go to bat for you. We provide balance to support who you are outside of work, and we strive to ensure no one is overloaded so you can bring energy home rather than feel depleted. You may come for the work, but you’ll stay for our people.
The Marketing Manager Role
ZoCo is looking for a results-driven Marketing Manager to promote ZoCo’s brand, elevate our presence, and generate interest with key audiences. Our candidate will oversee all aspects of ZoCo’s marketing, and is responsible for ensuring our brand presence strategy is in service to our business development objectives, recruiting strategy, vision for the future of the studio, and authentic brand positioning.
This person will collaborate closely with ZoCo’s CEO and VP of Experience Design to craft strategies but will thrive working independently, leading initiatives to execute campaigns, develop content, manage project details, lead external partners, and coordinate inbound business development.
In this role, you must be able to:
Brand & Marketing Responsibilities (70% of your role)
- Build a deep understanding of ZoCo’s clients and prospects, as well as a deep understanding of ZoCo’s services, processes, and successes, to inform all strategies and execution
- Collaborate with ZoCo’s CEO and VP of Experience Design to develop marketing plans, driven by the vision for the agency and the goals of our business development strategy
- Oversee ZoCo’s brand awareness within our target verticals and key channels, responsible for our community and industry presence
- Ensure alignment across all ZoCo communications by documenting and evangelizing the communication of ZoCo’s brand messaging, positioning, and key messages to all ZoCo teammates
- Support other marketing functions, like ZoCo’s social media team, to ensure all initiatives align to the overarching marketing strategy
- Develop marketing campaigns for target audiences to serve the agency’s business goals
- Collaborate with the design team to create new brand assets and graphics which support campaigns or other key initiatives
- Execute and monitor campaigns independently
- Analyze data and trends, initiating ongoing testing and improvements to our marketing to maximize both effectiveness and resources
- Develop ZoCo’s content strategy and calendar in collaboration with ZoCo’s CEO and VP of Experience Design
- Ensure that our content priorities are clearly defined and adjusted as needed to reach our target audience and support key business goals
- Identify areas for thought leadership, including speaking engagements, press, media, awards, and more
- Contribute to ZoCo’s thought leadership through active participation on LinkedIn or other channels our audiences spend time
- Create content as needed in support of ZoCo’s marketing goals, though in most cases you will be managing others who you have requested develop content
- Manage ZoCo’s templates and sales materials for consistency and accuracy across presentations, reports, and other documents
- Coordinate the development of key content initiatives, such as lead magnets
- Ensure ZoCo’s marketing materials clearly and consistently convey our value proposition and brand voice
- Audit, update, and improve upon ZoCo’s website, optimizing for quality content, search results, site speed, inbound outreach, and security
- Work with the design team to build new pages and shepherd all new content for approval on the website, from case studies to landing pages
- Audit and maintain ZoCo’s public digital listings and directories, search engine results, social media profiles, and other channels
- Project Management:
- Quarterback all marketing initiatives, documenting expectations, managing stakeholders, and holding everyone involved accountable
- Create and manage marketing processes
- Collaborate with the account team on weekly team capacity planning and allocation for internal marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with VP, Operations, to develop and maintain budgets, looking for opportunities to prioritize and be a good steward of ZoCo resources
- Manage all marketing tools
- Manage and coordinate vendor relationships
Inbound Business Development Coordination (30% of your role)
- Regularly collaborate with CEO and VP of Experience Design, to prioritize goals and key initiatives, leading project management to align resourcing, timing, roadmaps, and measurement
- Inform and align marketing to attract right-fit prospects based on business development goals
- Support the management and maintenance of any key business development systems, including oversight of Hubspot, our prospect database, to ensure that contacts are current, maintained, and actively engaged
- Manage teammates to ensure all legitimate new business inquiries receive a personalized and professional reply within two days (during normal business hours)
- Support in the creation and coordination of business development materials in collaboration with the VP, Experience Design, including information and documentation required for proposals and RFPs
- Regularly report internally on the status of inbound business development opportunities, including escalation as needed
- Future growth opportunities include independently leading inbound exploratory calls
What you’ll bring with you:
You are driven, articulate, and confident to work independently. You have excellent writing, proofreading skills, and attention to detail. You are always ready and able to roll up your sleeves and insert yourself in areas you can add value. You have been described as scrappy, autonomous, and self-motivated. You believe you have the drive and ambition to grow into leadership. You are analytical and have a good eye for identifying and matching patterns that guide you to make insights-driven decisions. A curious question asker, you have the ability to carry a conversation and identify opportunities. You are self-motivated and collaborative with others in diverse roles, both within and outside the business.
- 4-year degree
- 2–5 years of related experience
- Marketing experience in a fast-paced setting preferred (agency, startup, or similar)
- Experience managing projects, coordinating with teammates, and meeting multiple deadlines
- Experience managing, improving, and implementing marketing processes preferred
- Knowledge and experience managing marketing campaigns and strategies which support sales funnel processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through content creation or revision
- Excellent attention to detail and highly thorough
- Strong ability to think strategically, listen, and communicate efficiently, both internally and externally
Why is this role important to our work?
You’re an essential part of our internal team, and are empowered to bring ZoCo’s vision to life while leveraging and promoting ZoCo’s superpowers of insight and imagination. This is the first marketing role of its kind at ZoCo and you will be part of crafting and creating your own marketing initiatives and defining new processes. The work you’ll do will shape your career, build the legacy of our studio externally with key audiences, and enable the health of the business you work within.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please fill out our online LinkedIn application. Please include enough information for us to gauge your past experiences (a resume, portfolio, etc).
If we have a spark, we’ll reach out to schedule a brief call with our hiring team to gauge fit! If you have any questions please reach out to Natalie at [email protected]
What you can expect from our interview process.
Once we get through the applications, the interview process begins. These occur separately either at our studio or via zoom, with about 1-2 weeks in-between each. You will be notified along the way for exceptions, but it generally looks like this:
- You’ll have a quick 30-minute chat with someone on our hiring team.
- You’ll interview with one or two team members to review your experience. This normally takes about 1 hour.
- You’ll interview with a Leadership member to discuss your fit within the organization. This conversation also takes about 60–90 minutes.
We believe in taking care of each other so we can take care of our families. We provide our team:
- Paid Health Benefits: ZoCo provides medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Parental Leave: Growing your family is an exciting occasion, and as such, ZoCo provides leave for all parents to celebrate this milestone.
- Annual Refresh: Our studio and our work shut down at the end of December through the new year, granting our team an extra week to recharge and refresh over the holidays.
- IRA: ZoCo provides the option for a simple IRA, as well as a 3% match.
- Short-term Disability: ZoCo pays 100% of our short-term disability policy, providing security should you need to be on leave.
- Investment in Learning and Development: We provide training for skill development—both directly related to your role, as well as for soft skills.
- Hybrid Style Environment: Our team takes a hybrid approach, and empowers both in-studio and remote work. Employees have the option to choose on a day-to-day basis. We strive to make collaboration easy and accessible to all, regardless of location. Currently, the majority of our team chooses to come into the studio daily.
- Take the Time You Need: Are you sick? Need to go to the doctor? Take the time you need without worrying about it affecting your PTO. Your team will step up.
- Dog-Friendly Studio: Have a furry friend at home? We welcome all well-behaved and non-disruptive dogs.
Where do you work?
At this time, ZoCo is only hiring residents of the greater-Columbus area. Our team takes a hybrid approach, and empowers both in-studio and remote work.
If we hire you, it’s because we think you’re brilliant and trust you to decide where you work each day. We share our objectives, and so long as you are meeting them, you’re free to pick the number of days you work in or out of the studio. Some in-person work will be necessary.