We design to improve people’s experiences.
ZoCo believes in empowering people, reimagining futures, and bringing bold visions to life—all through designing products people love. Whether crafting a digital tool, mapping an ideal service journey, or uncovering the root of a complex problem, our focus is on translating an understanding of people into confident and powerful design.
Why work here?
ZoCo was named to the 2021 Inc. Best Workplaces in the nation, top six in Ohio, for a reason. We can promise you skill development, impact, and camaraderie unlike any other.
- Learning: Our experimental, fast-paced nature means you will constantly be learning, challenging your comfort zones and growing your skills even beyond A-player status. Ambitious yet humble folks thrive here, where the desire to find a better way is prioritized and your company invests in your development. ZoCo’s ever-evolving practice means no two days are the same and adaptability prospers. If you want to be at the top of your game, you come to ZoCo.
- Impact: We attract bold thinkers and romantics who aim to make a difference through their work. Your efforts here will elevate the experiences of others, uplifting those we design for to live more meaningful and dignified lives. We’ve impacted the most hairy human-challenges, from addiction recovery, to food-insecurity, to the future of senior care. If you work at ZoCo, you believe in abundance, and will provide your skillset to purpose-driven brands.
- People: We prioritize our people, applying our love for human-centered design into how we nurture relationships within our team. We have your back, and there’s no question your team would go to bat for you. We provide balance to support who you are outside of work, and we strive to ensure no one is overloaded so you can bring energy home rather than feel depleted. You may come for the work, but you’ll stay for our people.
The Account Manager Role
ZoCo is looking for a process-oriented Account Manager with strong relationship skills to manage, maintain, and grow our client accounts. Our ideal candidate can work independently, is committed to efficiency, and has meticulous attention to detail while always keeping a clear view of the big picture. They can juggle several projects, clients, and teammates while being capable of managing various—sometimes conflicting—priorities with constantly evolving requirements. A natural and articulate leader, this team member must be comfortable quarterbacking all deliverables and deadlines, bringing order to chaos, and balancing client and ZoCo team needs. Under this person’s watch, nothing will slip through the cracks.
We place a high value on relationships, and our Account Manager will need to excel as the main point of contact between clients and the ZoCo team, making strategic decisions and intuitively knowing when to adapt our approach or deliverables to meet the objectives and priorities for a project. We expect this person to insert themselves in the client’s shoes, understand their industry and the hurdles they face, and provide meaningful insights and value-driven solutions. As the client’s main contact, the Account Manager provides excellent customer service but also manages scope creep. An ideal teammate, this person is always ready and able to roll up their sleeves and insert themselves in areas they can add value.
In this role, you must be able to:
Account & Project Management Responsibilities (85% of your role)
- Creates and nurtures meaningful client relationships
- Outlines, articulates, and manages all the aspects, processes, and deliverables of a project within the terms of a statement of work, and makes sure all projects are executed on time, on budget, and to the highest standard
- Defines and manages project timelines, team tasks, and hourly allocations using ZoCo’s project management software and tools
- Proactively strategizes and predicts future impacts on team and projects
- Collaborates weekly with the design team on time allocation and manages priorities for team members when needed
- Manages all communication with the client from kickoff through the final delivery of the project
- Interprets objectives and clearly communicates expectations to the client and team, thoroughly documenting all pertinent details, decisions, and responsibilities
- Prepares and assists with leading internal team meetings, project kickoff meetings, strategy sessions, and status update meetings
- Assists and reviews client presentations and deliverables
- Manages partners, vendors, and expenses for the accounts managed
- Collaborates with accounting to ensure accurate and timely client billing
Business Development Responsibilities (15% of your role)
- Identifies future opportunities where ZoCo can add value to clients’ businesses
- Collaborates with ZoCo’s business development by crafting project briefs, proposals, and statements of work for their clients
- Regularly reports internally on the status of projects and existing business opportunities, including escalation as needed
What you’ll bring with you:
- 4-year degree
- 2–4 years of agency experience is required
- 1–3 years of managing research and/or digital experience projects, solutions, products required
- Knowledge and background in creative, research, and/or digital services required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent attention to detail and highly thorough required
- Strong ability to think strategically, listen, and communicate efficiently internally and externally required
- Proven experience managing projects to be on time, on budget, and to the high standard of execution
You’ll stand out by having:
- Experience identifying opportunities to proactively grow client relationships
Why is this role important to our work?
You’re an essential part of our client service team, and are empowered to bring the client’s vision to life while leveraging ZoCo’s superpowers of insight and imagination. The work you’ll do will shape your career, build the legacy of our studio, and enable the health of the business you work within—all while providing meaningful impact to our clients and the people they serve.
Send an email to [email protected], sharing why ZoCo is of interest to you, please include enough information for us to gauge your past experiences (a resume, portfolio, etc).
If we have a spark, we’ll reach out to schedule a brief call with our hiring team to gauge fit! Thanks for your interest in ZoCo.
What you can expect from our interview process.
Once we get through the applications, the interview process begins. These occur separately either at our studio or via zoom, with about 1-2 weeks in-between each. You will be notified along the way for exceptions, but it generally looks like this:
- You’ll have a quick 30-minute chat with someone on our hiring team.
- You’ll interview with one or two team members to review your experience. This normally takes about 1 hour.
- You’ll interview with a Leadership member to discuss your fit within the organization. This conversation also takes about 60–90 minutes.
We believe in taking care of each other so we can take care of our families. We provide our team:
- Paid Health Benefits: ZoCo provides medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Parental Leave: Growing your family is an exciting occasion, and as such, ZoCo provides leave for all parents to celebrate this milestone.
- Annual Refresh: Our studio and our work shut down at the end of December through the new year, granting our team an extra week to recharge and refresh over the holidays.
- IRA: ZoCo provides the option for a simple IRA, as well as a 3% match.
- Short-term Disability: ZoCo pays 100% of our short-term disability policy, providing security should you need to be on leave.
- Investment in Learning and Development: We provide training for skill development—both directly related to your role, as well as for soft skills.
- Hybrid Style Environment: Our team takes a hybrid approach, and empowers both in-studio and remote work. Employees have the option to choose on a day-to-day basis. We strive to make collaboration easy and accessible to all, regardless of location. Currently, the majority of our team chooses to come into the studio daily.
- Take the Time You Need: Are you sick? Need to go to the doctor? Take the time you need without worrying about it affecting your PTO. Your team will step up.
- Dog-Friendly Studio: Have a furry friend at home? We welcome all well-behaved and non-disruptive dogs.
Where do you work?
At this time, ZoCo is only hiring residents of the greater-Columbus area. Our team takes a hybrid approach, and empowers both in-studio and remote work.
If we hire you, it’s because we think you’re brilliant and trust you to decide where you work each day. We share our objectives, and so long as you are meeting them, you’re free to pick the number of days you work in or out of the studio. Some in-person work will be necessary.