We’re actively hiring our next Account Manager!
We design to improve people’s experiences.
ZoCo believes in empowering people, reimagining futures, and bringing bold visions to life—all through designing products people love. Whether crafting a digital tool, mapping an ideal service journey, or uncovering the root of a complex problem, our focus is on translating an understanding of people into confident and powerful design.
Why work here?
ZoCo was named to the 2021 Inc. Best Workplaces in the nation, top six in Ohio, for a reason. We can promise you skill development, impact, and camaraderie unlike any other.
- Learning: Our experimental, fast-paced nature means you will constantly be learning, challenging your comfort zones and growing your skills even beyond A-player status. Ambitious yet humble folks thrive here, where the desire to find a better way is prioritized and your company invests in your development. ZoCo’s ever-evolving practice means no two days are the same and adaptability prospers. If you want to be at the top of your game, you come to ZoCo.
- Impact: We attract bold thinkers and romantics who aim to make a difference through their work. Your efforts here will elevate the experiences of others, uplifting those we design for to live more meaningful and dignified lives. We’ve impacted the hairiest human challenges, from addiction recovery, to food insecurity, to the future of senior care. If you work at ZoCo, you believe in abundance, and will provide your skillset to purpose-driven brands.
- People: We prioritize our people, applying our love for human-centered design into how we nurture relationships within our team. We have your back, and there’s no question your team would go to bat for you. We provide balance to support who you are outside of work, and we strive to ensure no one is overloaded so you can bring energy home rather than feel depleted. You may come for the work, but you’ll stay for our people.
The Account Manager Role
ZoCo is looking for a process-oriented Account Manager with meticulous attention to detail who can always keep a clear view of the big picture and has strong relationship management skills. Our ideal candidate can work independently and is committed to efficiency. They can juggle several projects, clients, and teammates while being capable of managing various—sometimes conflicting—priorities with constantly evolving requirements.
We place a high value on relationships, and our Account Manager will need to excel as the main point of contact between clients and the ZoCo team, making strategic decisions and intuitively knowing when to adapt our approach or deliverables to meet the objectives and priorities for a project. A natural leader, this team member must be comfortable quarterbacking all deliverables and deadlines, bringing order to chaos, and balancing client and ZoCo team needs.
In this role, you must be able to:
Account & Project Management Responsibilities (75% of your role)
- Create and nurture meaningful client relationships
- Outline, articulate, and manage all the aspects, processes, and deliverables of a project within the terms of a statement of work, and makes sure all projects are executed on time, on budget, and to the highest standard
- Define and manage project timelines, team tasks, and hourly allocations using ZoCo’s project management software and tools
- Proactively strategize and predict future impacts on team and projects
- Collaborate weekly with the design team on time allocation and manages priorities for team members when needed
- Manage all communication with the client from kickoff through the final delivery of the project
- Interpret objectives and clearly communicate expectations to the client and team, thoroughly documenting all pertinent details, decisions, and responsibilities
- Prepare and assist with leading internal team meetings, project kickoff meetings, strategy sessions, and status update meetings
- Assist and review client presentations and deliverables
- Manage partners, vendors, and expenses for the accounts you manage
- Collaborate with accounting to ensure accurate and timely client billing
Business Development Responsibilities (20% of your role)
- Identify future opportunities where ZoCo can add value to clients’ businesses
- Regularly report internally on the status of projects and existing business opportunities, including escalation as needed
- Work collaboratively with ZoCo’s business development team to craft thoughtful approaches, proposals, and statements of work for existing clients
Internal Operations Responsibilities (5% of your role)
- Collaborate with accounting to ensure accurate and timely client billing
What you’ll bring with you:
- 4-year degree
- 2–4 years of agency experience is required
- Knowledge and experience managing creative, research, and/or digital projects, solutions, or products preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent attention to detail and highly thorough required
- Proven experience managing projects to be on time, on budget, and to the high standard of execution required
- Strong ability to think strategically, listen, and communicate efficiently internally and externally required
- Experience identifying opportunities to proactively grow client relationships preferred
Why is this role important to our work?
You’re an essential part of our client service team, and are empowered to bring the client’s vision to life while leveraging ZoCo’s superpowers of insight and imagination. The work you’ll do will shape your career, build the legacy of our studio, and enable the health of the business you work within—all while providing meaningful impact to our clients and the people they serve.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please fill out our online application. Please include enough information for us to gauge your past experiences (a resume, portfolio, etc).
If we have a spark, we’ll reach out to schedule a brief call with our hiring team to gauge fit! If you have any questions please reach out to Natalie at [email protected]
What you can expect from our interview process.
Once we get through the applications, the interview process begins. These occur separately either at our studio or via zoom, with about 1-2 weeks in-between each. You will be notified along the way for exceptions, but it generally looks like this:
- You’ll have a quick 30-minute chat with someone on our hiring team.
- You’ll interview with one or two team members to review your experience. This normally takes about 1 hour.
- You’ll interview with a Leadership member to discuss your fit within the organization. This conversation also takes about 60–90 minutes.
We believe in taking care of each other so we can take care of our families. We provide our team:
- Paid Health Benefits: ZoCo provides medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Parental Leave: Growing your family is an exciting occasion, and as such, ZoCo provides leave for all parents to celebrate this milestone.
- Annual Refresh: Our studio and our work shut down at the end of December through the new year, granting our team an extra week to recharge and refresh over the holidays.
- IRA: ZoCo provides the option for a simple IRA, as well as a 3% match.
- Short-term Disability: ZoCo pays 100% of our short-term disability policy, providing security should you need to be on leave.
- Investment in Learning and Development: We provide training for skill development—both directly related to your role, as well as for soft skills.
- Hybrid Style Environment: Our team takes a hybrid approach, and empowers both in-studio and remote work. Employees have the option to choose on a day-to-day basis. We strive to make collaboration easy and accessible to all, regardless of location. Currently, the majority of our team chooses to come into the studio daily.
- Take the Time You Need: Are you sick? Need to go to the doctor? Take the time you need without worrying about it affecting your PTO. Your team will step up.
- Dog-Friendly Studio: Have a furry friend at home? We welcome all well-behaved and non-disruptive dogs.
Where do you work?
At this time, ZoCo is only hiring residents of the greater-Columbus area. Our team takes a hybrid approach, and empowers both in-studio and remote work.
If we hire you, it’s because we think you’re brilliant and trust you to decide where you work each day. We share our objectives, and so long as you are meeting them, you’re free to pick the number of days you work in or out of the studio. Some in-person work will be necessary.