So you have a designer on your gift list this year? And you have no idea what to buy them? Because we’re all incredibly trendy, picky, masters of style and beauty (and humble too)?
We get it. And we’re here to help. The ZoCo team assembled our wish lists into one mega-list, full of suggestions for work tools, home decor, and lifestyle gifts that are perfect for the designer in your life. Take a look and give our favorite brands some love during this season of giving.
Gifts for Work
- Ban.do “I Am Very Busy Agenda”: The New Year will most definitely bring piles of work and back-to-back meetings. Who doesn’t like to stay organized with a bit of cleverness?
- Field Notes “Get Things Done Project Kit”: Even in the digital age designers love a good notebook. This box set of Field Notes goodies includes all sorts of materials to ease them back into sketching and note-taking after frying their brains with sugar for a week.
- Cevinee™ “Classic Military Grade Solid Brass Pen”: This solid brass pen is both beautiful and practical. Your designer will think of you everytime they jot down a note. Also, it’s really heavy which is just cool. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015DNTHNY/ref=strm_everyday-carry_nad_27_2
- Branding Deck: It’s work and play all in one! But seriously, these will make designers better at their jobs and make meetings more interesting. For everyone’s sanity, buy these.
Gifts for the Home
- House “Heath Stencil Clock”: Help remind your designer that yes, it really is four o’clock already and yes, you still have ish to finish.
- DKNG “Camper Series Prints”: Help inspire them to FINALLY start that illustration project they’ve been thinking about. Plus, these are super slick.
- Letterfolk Letterboard: If you’ve been following @zocodesign on Insta, you’ve seen this put to good use. And if you don’t follow @zocodesign on Insta, take a minute to do that. We’ll wait…Get this for your designer’s home and they’ll stop trying to tell you jokes about typography or Adobe programs.
- Letterfolk Additional Character Set: Some extra characters for fun. They’re necessary. Don’t question it.
Gifts That are Just for Fun
- Topo Designs “Stack Pack”: These backpacks are more for the outdoorsy type—you can tell because it boasts “dual ice ax loops.” But if your designer is more comfortable inside, they’ll like this bag for their laptop, notebook, and pens.
- Stumptown Coffee “Ethiopian Trio”: Designers drink a lot of coffee, so you know this gift won’t go to waste. Also, Stumptown has a beautiful brand that any designer will appreciate.
- Good Fucking Design Advice Mug: We put this one at the bottom because we figured you wouldn’t make it this far. But if you did, good fucking job. Designers love this brand and this mug goes perfectly with the coffee you’re buying them.